Together, in the water of our Baptisms, we raise awareness on:
- the perils of unclean water and the need for clean water
- the socio-economic impact of clean water on the lives of the local people,
- the right to clean water
- God’s call for us to respond to our brothers and sisters in need, and
- how this vital project indeed saves lives
Together, in the water of our Baptisms, we raise funds:
- routinely, WIS congregations and individuals donate to the well project
- recently, the Western Iowa Synod has received significant foundation and estate monies to fund this vital project. One of these—Faith Foundation of Faith Lutheran Church in Odebolt-- has been prefaced as $10,000 in matching funds to encourage continued giving support by those in the Western Iowa Synod and beyond to this vital project
- periodically, through the drilling of nearby commercial wells for profit
Together, in the water of our Baptisms, we collaborate:
- have come together to attain equipment and supplies
- have partnered in the shipping of said equipment and supplies
- have traveled to Tanzania to teach and showcase how to use said equipment in the basics of well drilling, of site selection, and of health and sanitation issues
- prepare villages to receive a well, to protect and sustain the well, to understand best health and sanitation practices so as to protect against water diseases
Together, in the water of our Baptisms, we tell the story:
- of our love for one another in this companion synod relationship
- of our love for the other as we work to positively impact the lives of people through improved health, greater opportunities for girls to be educated, and enhanced livelihoods as the former lead to greater economic realities.
- Of God’s love for us through the Spirit of Baptism and His graces that allow for this all to become reality!
We invite you to find ways to partner in these efforts by telling this story far and wide in your context. Anyone with participation interest should contact Cindy Wells, Director for Global Mission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-732-4968 Ext. 441. Anyone with financial support interest may do so electronically at our website, www. wisynod.org, or may send a check payable to the Western Iowa Synod, with “Well Project” in the memo, to 318 East Fifth Street, Storm Lake, IA 50588.
We invite you to watch this short, poignant video that expresses the whole of the well project story.